MOBILE BROADBAND MODULE
F5521gw for premium connectivity
Hspa evolution Mobile Broadband ModuleF5521gw is our fastest and most advanced mobile broadband module,
uniquely designed with innovative features to provide a richer and cost-effective internet ex-perience for all.
The module provides enhanced function-ality such as wake-on wireless, reduced power consump-tion, faster start-up time,
high-performance GPS, Intel Anti-Theft 3.0, Windows 7, Linux and IPv6 support.
The module is also easy to customize for telecom operators and customers.
All in all it’s a world module providing premium connectivity at an affordable cost
Our F5521gw module comes with en enhanced GPS solution that utilizes A-GPS for fast and accurate location as-sistance.
This GPS functionality enables service providers and IT departments to combine the wake-on-wireless feature and embedded network assisted GPS functionality to create a range of dif-ferentiating services,
including remote manageability, security updates, asset protection, tracking and geofencing.
Cater for all
The Ericsson Mobile Broadband Mod-ule is primarily intended for notebooks and netbooks, but can
also be integrat-ed in Fixed Wireless terminals and other devices that need high-speed wide area
connectivity. For a complete offering, Ericsson has designed a number of professional services to speed
up, and guarantee the success of your integra-tion project.
UMTS/3G operates in the following frequency ranges:
- Uplink (Mobile Broadband Module to base-station)
- 800: 830 - 840 MHz
- 850: 824 - 849 MHz
- 900: 880 - 915 MHz
- 1900: 1850 - 1910 MHz
- 2100: 1920 - 1980 MHz
- Downlink (Base-station to Mobile Broadband Module)
- 800: 875 - 885 MHz
- 850: 869 - 894 MHz
- 900: 925 - 960 MHz
- 1900: 1930 - 1990 MHz
- 2100: 2110 - 2170 MHz
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE data at 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, and 1900 MHz
GSM Power Class:UMTS Power Class: Class 3 (24dBm)
- MCS1-4 (GMSK): GSM850/900: Class 4/2W/33dBm GSM1800/1900: Class 1/1W/30dBm
- MCS5-9 (8-PSK): GSM850/900: Class E2/0.5W/27dBm GSM1800/1900: Class E2/0.4W/26dBm
- Peak power consumption
- Supported Voltage Range 3.0V - 3.6V (3.3V +/- 9%)
- Nominal Operating Voltage 3.3V
- Average Standby Current / Power (Radio off) <10mW
- Average Idle Current / Power (Attached to network) <10mW
- Data Transfer Peak Current / Peak Power <2.8W
- UMTS: 384 kbps (Packet-Switched)/64 kbps (Circuit-Switched) DL; 384 kbps (Packet-Switched)/64 kbps (Circuit-Switched) UL
- GSM: 14.4 kbps UL/DL
- GPRS: 85.6 kbps DL; 42.8 kbps UL
- EDGE: 247.4 kbps DL; 123.70 kbps UL
- 3G: GPRS/WCDMA/HSPA+; 21 Mbps DL; 5.76 Mbps UL
- Approximate height: 4.25 mm (0.1675 in)
- Approximate width: 30 mm (1.18 in)
- Approximate depth: 50.95 mm (2.0 in)
- Approximate weight: 0.012 kg (0.026 lb)